Here's how a company spokesperson lists the features of the new "playgrounds":
- The new driving areas are anywhere from 60 to 120 feet deep, with seven bays. Two of the bays have special launch monitors from Hot Stix; five have radar technology for distance.
- The new playground areas have a demo of every single club that Golfsmith sells. You can swing anything in the store.
- The hitting areas also have 12 fitting carts from all of the major manufacturers, including Callaway, TaylorMade, Nike, etc.
- Each of the stores features a new GolfTEC Learning Center that offers customers advanced training with a certified PGA teaching professional, video analysis, 3-D motion analysis, impact analysis and biofeedback technology.
- The stores also feature new putting greens that measure anywhere from 600 to 800 square feet.
Sounds pretty cool. Even cooler: Use of the "playgrounds" is free. So if you're in Dallas or Houston, check 'em out at Golfsmith superstores.