Friday, June 17, 2005

Aces in the Hole

Why is it that stuff like this nevers happens to people I know? Like, say, me. I mean, I live a good life, I give a lot back to the game, don't I deserve to make two aces in the same round?

I'd settle for any ace in any round, actually, because I've never made a hole-in-one. I thought I'd made one once - watching from the tee, the ball rolled straight at the hole and seemed to drop into the cup. Actually, it had only rolled into the shadow of the flagstick, but I had started hopping around the tee box - shouting "it's in the hole! it's in the hole!" - before I realized that. My golf buddies still tease me about that "Bogey shuffle."

Anyway, the gist of the story linked above: Earlier this week, 16-year-old Chase Williams of Aledo, playing the Hawks Creek Golf Club in Fort Worth, made two holes-in-one in the same round.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please refrain from using profanity or insulting other commenters your comments. Use common sense; in other words: Play nice! Thanks.