- On Monday, Oakhurst Golf Club hosts a 2 p.m. scramble. Cost of $50 per player also buys one of owner David Preisler's famous hamburgers. Players who bring diapers, baby wipes, toiletries, toys or bedding receive a special door-prize ticket. Call 281-354-4653.
- On Tuesday, The Club at Carlton Woods hosts a scramble on its Jack Nicklaus course that's expected to draw professional athletes and celebrities. Cost is $500 per player, including CW hospitality. Call 281-863-5820.
- On Saturday, Sept. 24, Hermann Park Golf Club hosts an 8 a.m. scramble. Cost is $100 per player, including refreshments and prizes. Call 713-526-0077.
- On Tuesday, Sept. 27, Woodforest Golf Club hosts a 1:30 p.m. scramble that includes lunch, beverages and a catered dinner. Cost is $150 per player. Call Howard Levinson, 936-588-8801.
- Timber Creek Golf Club wraps up a two-day promotion in which it is donating 100 percent of greens fees (with a corporate match to $10,000) collected Tuesday and today. Call 281-993-1140.
- Tour Golf Academy's Adam Arnett announced his "Change your swing to change a life" program this past week. He'll donate a fat portion of revenue generated this month to the relief effort. Lessons and school registrations purchased in September can be gifted, and they're valid during the next 12 months. Call 281-685-3891.
Thanks very much, Tom. If you know of Katrina benefit tournaments in your area, drop me a line at bogeymcduff - at - yahoo.com.