Wednesday, November 16, 2005

59 For Former Coog

Aussie Brad McIntosh, a former University of Houston golfer, was playing Down Under last week in the Queensland PGA Championship. That's an event on the Von Nida Tour, sort of the Nationwide Tour equivalent on the Australasian circuit.

Why are we mentioning this? Because McIntosh fired a 59 - the first-ever 59 in a professional event in Australia.

"I knew I had a chance to break 60 with a few holes to go, and my playing partner Peter Senior was telling me he hadn’t seen a 59 before,” said McIntosh following the round. “I hit a beautiful approach shot on the final hole with my (Wilson) Pi5 sand wedge up to about three feet to set up my birdie for the 59. The course was perfect for scoring."

I guess one thing McIntosh learned spending his collegiate years in Texas is how to work in that NASCAR-like mention of the sponsor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please refrain from using profanity or insulting other commenters your comments. Use common sense; in other words: Play nice! Thanks.