The championship will feature age-group competition for boys and girls in four divisions each: 9-under, 10-12, 13-15, 16-18. Entry fee is $100 and every child registered by May 31 is guaranteed a spot in the field.
What kind of distances does it take to win a junior long drive event? Well, here are the winning drives from last year's competition:
- Boys 16-18: Jamie Sadlowski, St. Paul, Alberta, Canada, 400 yards
- Girls 16-18: Ashley Patterson, New Braunfels, Texas, 252 yards
- Boys 13-15: Trent Travis, Carthage, Mississippi, 365 yards
- Girls 13-15: Kaitlin Allen, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, 279 yards
- Boys 10-12: Collin Blenker, Albany, Minnesota, 273 yards
- Girls 10-12: Daffodil Sanchez, Mesa, Arizona, 274 yards
- Boys 9-under: Dane Walton, Thousand Oaks, California, 221 yards
- Girls 9-under: Sierra Langlie, Andover, Minnesota, 166 yards
A girl aged 10-12 is driving the ball in the 270s. Wow.
Entry forms are available on the LDA website here.