Friday, June 09, 2006

Judy Rankin Battling Breast Cancer

Midland resident Judy Rankin, a Hall of Famer as a player, perhaps the most underrated broadcaster on golf television, and an all-around good person, was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.

Rankin has missed the past few tournaments she was scheduled to broadcast, undergoing two surgeries during that time period.

Said Rankin:

"I have cancer, I'm just having to deal with it," Rankin told GolfDigest.com. "I don't at this point know what my timetable will be for the rest of the year in terms of work. I need a week to 10 days to figure that out.

"It is what they term a low grade of cancer. I have already done the testing, and now I have to take steps to get rid of it. I am told that I will be fine," she said.

Best wishes to Judy for a speedy recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please refrain from using profanity or insulting other commenters your comments. Use common sense; in other words: Play nice! Thanks.