If you're in McKinney on Monday, hop over to the course and follow along (courtesy of the USGA):
- Carolyn Creekmore of Dallas, Texas, won the 2004 USGA Senior Women’s Amateur and qualified for match play at the 2005 Women’s Amateur.
- Sisters Jennifer (22) and Kate (19) Ackerson of Dallas, Texas, are both trying to qualify in McKinney. Jennifer played in the 2004 Women’s Open.
- Kristin Dufour is celebrating her 26th birthday on the day of her sectional qualifier.
- Taylore Karle, 16, of Scottsdale, Ariz., set a USGA stroke-play qualifying record when she shot a 36-hole total 130 at the 2005 U.S. Girls’ Junior at BanBury Golf Club in Eagle, Idaho.
- Amanda McCurdy of El Dorado, Ark., was the runner-up at the 2004 U.S. Women’s Amateur.
- Tanya Wadhwa, 13, of India, is the second-youngest player to qualify for sectionals.