The three tours are the Mission City Golf Tour in San Antonio, the DFW Metro Golf Tour, and the Gulf Coast Golf Tour in Houston. Since they share an affiliation with each other and numerous other tours across the U.S., the rules and formats are pretty much the same for each.
Here are the basics:
- The tours host events for "average" golfers, and any golfer who normally scores 95 or less on a regulation, 18-hole course is welcome.
- Tour events are 18 holes with 2-person teams, either best ball or scramble formats.
- With a full field, each event pays out more than $1,000 in prizes to the top 30-percent of teams.
- Tour membership is not required to play in any tour event, although golfers have the option of signing up for a "V.I.P. Membership" that includes extras.
- Entry fees are usually only $15-$20 more than the normal cost of playing at the host course, and includes shared cart and range balls.
- Tournaments are always held on Saturday, with tee times from 11 a.m.-3 p.m., at various courses around the metro area.
Many more issues are addressed on the FAQ page for each tour, which you can easily find by visiting the Web sites linked above.
Each tour is in the process of setting up events for the late summer and fall of 2006. For more information, visit the Web sites above, or send an email:
San Antonio - firstname.lastname@example.org
DFW - email@example.com
Houston - firstname.lastname@example.org