- The City of San Antonio is converting its municipal courses to be run by a nonprofit organization called the San Antonio Municipal Golf Association. SAMGA will oversee the San Antonio municipal course operations with only limited oversight from the city itself, which the people involved in setting up the arrangement believe will lead to better course conditions and better service at the courses.
- Gleannloch Farms Golf Club in Spring has a new owner and new name. The 27-hole facility was purchased by nearby Augusta Pines Golf Club (site of a Champions Tour event every year) and is renamed as Gleannloch Pines Golf Club.
- Weeks Park Golf Course in Wichita Falls is getting a $3.67 million renovation to be led by Arlington architect Jeff Brauer.
- Construction is ongoing in Cleburne on the Cleburne Golf Links. It is being built on the east side of Lake Pat Cleburne, on the site of the old Cleburne Municipal Golf Course but with additional land. The 7,160-yard, par-72 course is expected to open in the fall.
- The only public golf course in Denton is the one on the campus of Texas Women's University, and TWU has announced a 2-year "revitalization plan" to enhance the course.
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Lots of stuff happening across the state in the way of golf course news: