Thursday, May 31, 2007

Conde Nast Traveler Golf Poll

Conde Nast Traveler recently surveyed it readers for its 2007 Golf Poll. Readers were asked to vote on the top golf resorts in North America, the Caribbean and British Isles. Alas, as so often happens in these polls, there weren't a ton of Texas properties to make the cut. But a few did. Here are the ones mentioned by the readers:

Top 100 Overall Golf Resorts
17. Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort, San Antonio
41. Westin La Cantera Resort, San Antonio
50. Barton Creek Resort & Spa, Austin

That's it. But good for these three.

2 comments:

  1. Hyatt Hill Country OVER La Cantera and Barton Creek?????? are you kidding me????

    I think it is even more suprising that HHC is in the Top 20 in North America! The hotel at HHC is nice, but not any nicer than La Cantera or Barton Creek. However, the golf at LC and BC are FAR better, in quality, condition, reputation, design and experience. Both times I have been to HHC I have been tremendously underwhelmed.

    That is almost as ridiculous as when someone (I think T&L Golf) named the Four Seasons Las Colinas as the best golf resort in the country....... laughable.

    Anyone disagree???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:44 PM

    I disagree. While I love both La Cantera courses, and all the Barton Creek courses, I also love the Hyatt course. I'm not saying it's BETTER than all those others, just that I think it's better than you give it credit. It just doesn't have the aesthetics that they others have. But the original 18 at the Hyatt is some pretty good golf. The newer 9 I didn't think matched up to the quality of the original 18.

    ReplyDelete

Please refrain from using profanity or insulting other commenters your comments. Use common sense; in other words: Play nice! Thanks.