Dallas, Texas – After the first round of the NTPGA / Adams Golf Pro-Scratch Championship, the team of Chris Winton, Assistant Golf Professional at Hank Haney at Vista Ridge, and amateur partner David Benner were one of three teams two shots off the lead. However, after carding a 6-under par 65 during today’s final round, Winton and Benner stood alone atop the leader board with a two day total of 10-under par, 132.
Winton and Benner started their final round strong by carding birdies on three out of their first five holes en route to 3-under par 32 on the front nine. The team matched their front nine score with a 3-under par 33 on the back nine. Winton and Benner preceded today’s 65 with a 4-under par 67 on Monday to capture the title.
The four-ball stroke play NTPGA major championship featured 82 teams of one professional teamed with one scratch amateur competing at Bent Tree Country Club located in Dallas, Texas. Dean Larsson, Assistant Golf Professional at Bent Tree Country Club, and amateur partner Scott Fawcett finished one shot behind the champions with a two day total of 9-under par, 133.
The 82 teams in the field competed for a share of the $19,020.00 purse. Winton and Benner took home $1,500.00 for first place. Amateurs are awarded gift certificates.
Top 5 Finishers
1. Chris Winton (Hank Haney at Vista Ridge)/David Benner (a), 67-65--132, $1,500
2. Dean Larsson (Bent Tree Country Club)/Scott Fawcett (a), 67-66--133, $1,200
3. Jim Stalder (Hurricane Creek CC)/Clay Price (a), 69-66--135, $930
3. Judd Whiteman (Dallas National Golf Club)/Greg Smith (a), 68-67--135, $930
5. Cameron Doan (Preston Trail Golf Club)/Joel Eastman (a), 66-70--136, $770
5. Ronny Glanton (Sherrill Park Golf Course)/Mark Motes (a), 68-68--136, $770