The STPGA Senior Series is open to golfers aged 50 and above as of Nov. 1, 2008. Annual membership dues are $125 and include eligibility for Senior Series tournaments, a dozen Bridgestone golf balls, as STPGA Senior Series Club Glove headcover, as STPGA Senior Series golf cap, as STPGA Senior Series Sharpie and a copy of the 2008-09 USGA Rules of Golf.
Professionals playing in Senior Series events compete for cash; amateurs for merchandise certificates. And those golfers who finish in the Top 6 on the season-ending points list earn spots in the field at the 2008 Texas Senior Open Championship.
The 10 tournaments on the 2008 schedule are all 36-hole stroke play events with tournament entry fees of $150. Players compete in one of two divisions, the Senior Division (ages 50-57) and Super Senior Division (58 and over).
Here is the schedule:
- March 17-18 - Horseshoe Bay Open, Horseshoe Bay Resort; entry deadline March 12
- April 14-15 - Eagle Pointe Open, Eagle Pointe Golf Club in Mont Belvieu; entry deadline April 9
- May 5-6 - The Woodlands Open, The Woodlands Country Club (Gary Player Course); entry deadline April 30
- June 16-17 - Traditions Club Open, The Traditions Club in Bryan; entry deadline June 11
- July 21-22 - River Crossing Open, River Crossing Golf Club in Spring Branch; entry deadline July 16
- Aug. 11-12 - Houston National Open, Houston National Golf Club in Cypress; entry deadline Aug. 6
- Aug. 25-26 - Onion Creek Open, Onion Creek Club (North Course) in Austin; entry deadline Aug. 20
- Sept. 15-16 - Lake Windcrest Open, Lake Windcrest Golf Club in Magnolia; entry deadline Sept. 10
- Sept. 22-23 - Woodlake Open, Woodlake Golf Club in San Antonio; entry deadline Sept. 17
- Oct. 6-7 - Tour Championship, River Ridge Golf Club in Sealy; TBA
Membership information and tournament registration info is available at www.stpga.com.